Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Republican Star?

I watched the last half of the Republican debate last night on CNN. If you saw it, it probably doesn't surprise you that I was really impressed with Mike Huckabee. He seems to be a conservative that I can get behind and be proud of. When asked if he believed every Word of the Bible he said he did, but admitted he didn't understand it all. "If you could understand everything about the Bible, then your God is too small," he said. When was the last time a politician said something that helped your faith? And he got the biggest laugh of the night when he said Jesus was too smart to ever run for public office. I thought he came across as smart and witty.
And he made sense on everything else I heard him say, too. I thought he stood out as the best of the bunch. Are we ready for another governor from Arkansas in the Whitehouse? If this guy keeps this up, I think we just might be.

No comments: